Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Progress

Maine just legalizeed same-sex marriage. Now on the roster is: Iowa, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and Maine. Apparently New Hampshire is not far behind, BUT I don't have a ton of faith in NH. 5 states. 45 to go! I just picture that in 50 years, when I am a grandparent, the majority of the nation (if not all) will allow same-sex marriage. My grandchildren will view homophobia in a way similar to how people of my generation & younger view the whole civil rights movement in the 1950s. Disbelief that people could be so ignorant and backwards.

There is hope for this nation & for this world!!!! I am optimistic.....

Will write a personal post a some point soon, hopefully. Life is BUSY. This is my last week of my job. Friday is my last day. We leave a week from tomorrow........the 14th. Ack!

2 comments:

  1. Wowie, the 14th!

    Also...yay for Maine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my state is so cool! :)
    can't wait to hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete